THREE QUARTER PUFF
250g (9oz) Strong White(bread) Flour.
25g (3/4 oz) Butter.
140g (5oz) Cold Water
165g (6oz) Unsalted Butter
METHOD OF MIXING
(1) sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
(2) Add the butter and rub into the flour
(3) Add the cold water and mix , using spatula or hands until a clear dough is formed.
(4) Remove from the bowl, wrap in cling film or place in a freezer bag and put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the Gluten to recover.
(5) Weigh the butter, place in the fridge in preparation for the next stage.
NOTE: if using salted butter, omit the salt from the recipe.