The pastry needs 6 half turns to create the required numbers of layers of dough and butter.
(1) Roll out the pastry to a rectangle 1.25cm (0.5in) thick with the length three times the width as with above.
(2) Fold both ends until they meet in the centre. (see diagram and photos 2,3)
(3) Fold the pastry in half again to complete the book turn. This is equal to 2 half turns.(photo 4 end view)
(4) Cover and leave in fridge for 20 minutes to allow the gluten to relax and recover.
(5) Turn 900 Repeat stages 1to 3 and rest 20 minutes in fridge. (pastry has now had equivalent of 4 half turns)
(6) Turn 900 Repeat stages 1to 3 and rest in fridge for 20 minutes.
(7) Finally roll out the pastry to an oblong and fold in half. Refrigerated for 20 minutes.
The Pastry is now ready to be used.
( Click on thumbnails)